Break into Print without Breaking Your Bank in less than 2 hours with Adobe InDesign - 21 power-packed lessons will save you years of fees!
InDesign is one of the best tools in the business to churn out gorgeous, professional quality books for print. The problem is that, while powerful, the program is not intuitive, and can be daunting to learn on your own. In this class, you will learn how to go from a single word document to a complete, professional, press quality PDF that you can use to upload to places like CreateSpace and Ingram Sparks to sell. Or hang up your shingle and format for other authors to bring in extra income!
These videos are all 1-10 minute bites so that you never have to go through a long video just to find a small bit of info to carry you forward. The only requirements? The InDesign program (which has a free trial), and a finished, fully edited manuscript, or a dummy manuscript that you can use to learn with.
Your instructor, Jennifer Amriss, goes into detail and depth to teach you the necessary skills to become a professional formatter for Print. She uses Adobe InDesign CS6, which is the previous version to Adobe InDesign CC, but all of the steps are the same, and most of the options are in the same places. And if you have any questions, you can ask them at any time during the class. She will get back to you within 24 hours. Sooner in most cases.
Ready to get started? Enroll now!
This course covers:
- How To Prepare Your Book to Import Into InDesign
- Creating Templates
- Creating Master Pages
- Creating Cover Pages
- Creating Character Styles (Drop Caps and Small Caps)
- Creating and Using Paragraph Styles to Automate Your Formatting
- Setting Up Your Book
- Placing and Formatting Your Text
- Placing and Formatting Images
- Finishing Touches: Scene Breaks, Special Snippets, Adding and Deleting Pages, Fixing Overset Text, and Adjusting Page Numbers
- Exporting Your Book To Press Quality PDF
- And Extras! Inserting Page Breaks and Symbols, Fixing Your Master Pages, Text Variables, Warning Signs and Book Icons, and Creating a Table of Contents
Features and Benefits:
- Short, concise, easy to follow videos: You'll never have to slog through a long video to get a tiny bit of information to carry you forward.
- Written Video Transcripts as well as Step By Step Instructions: Not everyone learns well through video. We try to cater to your individual learning needs!
- Become a professional Print Formatter! With this course, you will learn how to format for print lightning fast, and to mastery level.
- Instant results! Immediately able to upload your finished project to Ingram Sparks or CreateSpace!
- We want you to succeed: Videos are made by an indie author for indie authors so we know what you need, and will work hard to ensure you have it.
- Instructions for Adobe InDesign CS6 AND CC: Whether you have an old copy of InDesign, or use their newest version, we have you covered! The step-by-step instructions below each video include instructions for both versions when they differ. The instructor uses Adobe InDesign CS6, but CC variants are always listed below each lesson.
- We'll help you continue growing! Enroll now, get access to all updates and upgrades for life. If you forget something, you never have to pay again to regain access to your classes!
- Adobe InDesign CC has a 7 day free trial: Start learning immediately without an extra cost!
- Once you master it, you'll save tons of money! Never pay for a formatter again, or have to wait to get an appointment!
- Earn money on the side: Be confident in your skills and start your own formatting business!
- Tax Deductible: Deduct the cost of this course from your taxes as a business write-off!
- A powerful, useful career investment: This course pays for itself. You will easily recoup the costs of this course once you format one or two of your own books, or sell your skills to other authors in need of a Print formatter!
- Not just for Print! With Adobe InDesign, you can also create awesome PDFs to give out online. It also has the capability to format gorgeous ebooks.
- No special skills necessary: We approach our courses as if you're a complete beginner, without being condescending. If you're a beginner who has never looked at the program, or a more advanced user who wants to finally master the program, you're in the right place.
Hello! I’m Jennifer Amriss, a fantasy romance author and professional InDesign formatter for print. If you’ve ever wanted to save money on your business by learning a new skill, and maybe make some money on the side, I’ve got you covered. By learning Adobe InDesign, you will be able to take control over how your finished product appears, and I will hold your hand through each step of the process to ensure you have all the necessary tools to create beautiful, professional books in a very short time, every time. Sound good? Let’s go!